While some Americans are religious and some are not, since 2007, there has been a rise of Americans with no religion. The poll was conducted by the Pew Research Center.
- 23% men and 17% women are unaffiliated.
- Protestant affiliation dropped from 53% in 2007 to 48% in 2012.
- Unaffiliated increased from 15.3% in 2007 to 19.6% in 2012.
- Regions that are unaffiliated are:
- 26% West
- 21% Northeast
- 19% Midwest
- 15% South
- While less Americans are religious, compared to the rest of the world, they still very religious with 58% who believe religion is very important in their lives.
Click the infographic for a larger version.