Having started out as chewing sticks, this nifty invention evolved into toothbrushes and have changed over time.
- In 3500 BC, chewing sticks (end of a twig) were chewed until it was soft like a brush.
- The first hard bristled toothbrush was created in China made out of bone, bamboo and hog hair.
- In the 1600s, French dentists were the first to promote the use of toothbrushes.
- In 1780, William Addis created the first modern toothbrush while in prison.
- In 1885, America started to mass produce toothbrushes.