Dan Souza of Cook’s Illustrated puts this wisdom to the test. Here’s how they ran the test:
- Strip loin was cut into eight steaks.
- Each steak was cut in half, cross-wise and frozen.
- Half of the steaks were thawed out overnight in the refrigerator and the half remained frozen.
- Both steaks were seared in a hot skilled for 90 seconds on both sides.
- Then baked in a 275 degree oven until medium-rare.
- Each steak was weighed before and after cooking to measure moisture loss.
So what were the results? Watch to find out.