The PlayStation is known to be one of the most popular gaming consoles that ever hit the market. First released in 1994, it excited gamers because it was the first console to use 3D graphics, have a fast processor and made use of storing games on CDs, which had a larger storage capacity than game cartridges. This pushed the limits of the console arena causing competitors to step up their game. But that didn’t stop Sony as each new PlayStation they released, it was jam packed with more features than the previous model.
For a rundown of how the PlayStation evolved, check out the infographic below.
For more infographics and videos related to games, check out our other posts:
- How To Pick The Perfect Video Game Infographic
- The Evolution Of Video Games Infographic
- 10 Incredible Facts About World of Warcraft
- Infographic: The Evolution Of Gaming Consoles
- The Evolution Of The PlayStation Controller Infographic
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About PlayStation
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Xbox
H/T: SOAO Submissions