There’s no doubting that this little bugger is adorable, but in the wild these guys are actually carnivores and snack on eggs, insects and even birds. And as cute as they are, they make for terrible pets, so just forget about all that. I know at least half of you squeed “I must have one!” when you first saw this. Hell, I know I did.
The slow loris can emit a toxin similar to the allergen found in cat dander from their arms that they then lick and proceed to bite their target, inflicting a nasty wound with some serious swelling. One official death has been recorded and was attributed to anaphylactic shock — meaning that person was particularly allergic to the toxin.
So, adorable? Obviously. Pet? Sadly, not so much. We’ll all just have to squee from afar, I suppose. Such is life.