St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, but did you know historically it was a religious holiday in Ireland celebrating Christianity? Nowadays, it’s a celebration of Irish culture. This infographic brings to you some fun facts about St. Patrick’s Day. For example:
- Did you know that over 94 million people plan to wear green.
- 1% of of beer consumed on St. Patrick’s Day, and estimated that by 2013, it is equivalent to 528 million gallons or 4.2 billion pints of beer.
- Blue was originally associated with the saint and Ireland.
- The first St. Patrick’s Day parade was in Boston, MA in 1737.
- Over 13 million pints of Guinness is consumed worldwide.