Among the many popular gaming consoles like the Nintendo SNES, Sony PlayStation, Sega Dreamcast and Nintendo Game Cube that existed in the 1980s and 1990s, it’s no surprise that gaming is so popular today. In 2001, Microsoft entered the gaming console market with the Xbox. It was the first American gaming company since 1993 after the Atari Jaguar commercial failure in 1996.
While that is one fact out of many about the Xbox, there are other interesting facts this video presents such as:
- The U.S. Army’s Autonomous Rotorcraft Sniper System can fire ten sniper rounds in a second and is controlled by the Xbox 360 gamepad.
- The Xbox One controller costs over $100 million to develop.
- Xbox 360 has more computing power than NASA’s 30-year-old flight computer.
- The Israeli military created the technology used in the Kinect.
For more interesting facts about the Xbox, watch the video below.
For more infographics and videos related to games, check out our other posts:
- How To Pick The Perfect Video Game Infographic
- The Evolution Of Video Games Infographic
- 10 Incredible Facts About World of Warcraft
- Infographic: The Evolution Of Gaming Consoles
- The Evolution Of The PlayStation Controller Infographic
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About PlayStation
- Infographic: The Evolution Of The PlayStation
Xbox Live logo is a registered trademark of Microsoft.