Genghis Khan was the founder of the Mongolian Empire in the 13th century. He was the most fearsome ruler at the time and his murderous conquests resulted it being the largest empire in the world before the British empire.
A summary of what is covered in this video:
- Khan and his army murdered so many people, they wiped out 11% of the world’s population.
- Khan created the legal code Yassa to maintain order in the empire.
- He murdered his older half-brother at the age of 10.
- He destroyed the Khwarizm empire and left absolutely nothing alive.
- The empire spread 12 million square miles, 0.5% of today’s male population are his descendants.
Check out the video to learn more.